Updated: September 15, 2017
Salary: $50-60k annual
We are a team of driven individuals motivated to make a difference in our lives and those who we affect with our products and interactions. Through the collaboration of our employees, we drive a company that obsessively reaches to change the future. Together we create awe-inspiring opportunities for children, teachers and parents to learn and implement foundational cognitive skills through play. Kodo’s investigation-based tools are truly unique within the early childhood education market.
We are here at Kodo because we love what we are building. We are driven by passion in our individual ways and bring that drive together to make significant impact in the work we perform. We work and enjoy life because we have found a company which appreciates and supports the time and effort we provide. We are driven, positive, forward looking individuals who work together to make an impact on children, schools, and education in addition to each other. Multiple voices, ideas, perspectives and experiences bring profound insight, while individual decisions get work done. Individual choice, voice and opinion brings character, crispness and passion. We believe in teamwork, team-voice and team-insight, but we believe in the individual to make the impact. We strive to make meaning in the world and broaden ourselves in the process. We all work hard and efficiently to make the most out of the time we have. We believe in families and having the time to take part in them. We are dedicated to our work at the office and at home and do what we must to make the impact needed for success. We are opportunists, realists and outwardly positive. We believe in our skills, our purpose and our ability to succeed. We are powerful individuals who have come together to make something more.
Kodo is seeking a Marketing Manager to help us grow our brand presence and market share in the early childhood education market, as well as to support expansion to other customer types and industries. This role will work closely with the Founder, President, Education Specialist, and Director of Sales to grow the brand, generate leads, and support repeat business. The ideal candidate is a passionate and engaging marketing professional with exceptional writing and editing skills and a love for children, learning, and education. This role will drive the overall vision of the department through the detailed implementation of an outlined strategic plan. Focused on a B2B customer, this role should be able to coordinate strategy throughout all media channels, as well as outsource and manage contractors as necessary.
Ideal Qualifications and Candidate Traits:
- Experience developing and implementing effective B2B marketing strategies across multiple mediums, including print and digital
- 4 -7 years experience in managing marketing campaigns, preferably at a B2B company
- Strong working knowledge of SEO, SEM, and digital content marketing, along with the ability to generate and interpret analytics reports measuring performance and offering strategies based on the findings
- A demonstrated ability to develop editorial content strategies and interactive marketing campaigns
- Critical eye for identifying quality content in photos and videos
- Ability to communicate interdepartmentally to gather all information needed for campaigns
- Ability to collaborate with others and to lead a team of individuals from across various departments when necessary for certain marketing campaigns
- Proficient with WordPress, Magento, and Mailchimp a plus
- Photography, graphic design, and video editing skills a plus (using Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, and Premiere Pro)
- Background/experience in education, especially early childhood education, a plus
- Requires an entrepreneurial mindset and the ability to think creatively under constraint and perform well in a constantly evolving and growing environment
- Develop and implement strategic marketing plan and budget, and monthly marketing/content calendar
- Drive content engagement by developing and managing social media strategy; ensure we are managing a consistent, ongoing conversation with our customers across all channels
- Develop and maintain SOPs and quality control process for various types of content
- Analyze and interpret data from Magento and Google Analytics to formulate and recommend content strategies that drive interaction, revenue, and brand identity
- Collaborate with cross-functional leadership on campaigns and ideas to create dynamic, impactful, and differentiated content
- Generate case studies, articles, blog posts, testimonials, and email content that support and project the Kodo brand and mission
- Generate product guides and information that supports customers upon delivery of products
- Manage digital marketing strategy and editorial calendar, including: social media, SEO optimization, blog, PR, and outreach – both on the e-commerce site, kodokids.com as well as our teacher support site, kodokids.org
- Develop and execute strategy for new product launches and online training services
- Plan and oversee photo and video production
- Plan and manage advertising campaigns and strategy (both print and web)
- Provide tradeshow support, including booth graphics, messaging, design and layout
- Editing/design support of marketing collateral, including flyers, sales sheets, handouts, bouncebacks, and catalogs
- And other responsibilities as requested
Please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter, please tell us why you are interested in Kodo and why you are the peanut butter to our jelly.