Kodo designs, manufactures, markets and sells products into the Early Education market. Our unique line of thoughtfully designed products along with our professional development offerings are a disruptive force in the world of education. We have a driving passion for education and an innovative vision which redefines teachers perspectives of common classroom equipment.
We are a team of driven individuals motivated to make a difference in our lives and those who we affect with our products and interactions. Through the collaboration of all our people, we drive a company, which obsessively reaches to change the future. Together we create awe-inspiring opportunities for children, teachers and parents to learn, educate and understand the basis of education and the foundation of knowledge.
We are Kodo.
Kodo Kids is currently seeking dynamic and innovative talent to join our team as the Junior Art Director. This individual will be a generalist able to implement and manage the visual voice of Kodo through multimedia content. They will conceptualize, design, and produce graphics, video and photography to create multimedia and print materials for sales, trade shows, social media, email marketing, website, and special projects.
The ideal candidate should bring a mix of creative and strategic thinking as well as technical skills to envision, capture, and produce engaging, consumer-relevant content. Strong graphic design instincts, aesthetic sensibility, and art direction for photography and videography are crucial.
This person will also assist in designing and updating web pages, sections, and microsites; develop material for interactive media and multimedia projects; take photographs and source photography and other images for print and electronic publications.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop best-in-class creative content for Kodo Kids Digital and Social channels
- Collaborate with Kodo Kids Education team to develop impactful digital content that integrates brand messaging across multiple consumer touch points
- Conceptualize, storyboard, and produce (shoot, edit, and manipulate) digital and social media content including videos, photography, and graphics
- Manage, organize, and maintain digital photography and video archives
- Plan and manage on and off-site photoshoots with and without children
- Develop storyboards, scripts, and schematics based on project objectives
- Manage workflow of multiple creative projects and timelines
Envision, develop, and create and develop video content for customer stories, promotional social videos, product marketing videos, explainer videos, and other projects. Plan video shoots; scout, select and reserve shoot locations. Design, transport, sets up, and operate production equipment, including audio and lighting equipment, for field and studio productions.
Manage all in-house photography needs. Execute a wide variety of photography including product photography, social media, events, etc. Manage photo styling, studio set, all lighting and editing, correction, post-processing of photos.
Responsible for basic graphic design projects across multiple departments. Catalog, web, brochures, tradeshow graphics, product guides. Will work with outsourced graphic designer on large projects and help maintain brand consistency look tone and feel.
Qualifications And Skills
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in graphic design, advertising/marketing, or new media
- 3-5 years experience creating dynamic videos and graphics for social and digital communications
- A portfolio and/or reel with dynamic visuals and strong narrative ability is a must. Strong preference for experience in lifestyle, consumer products
- Expert knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite
- Demonstrated experience shooting and editing/producing video
- Experience using video and DSLR cameras, microphones and lights
- Experience with instructional design platforms a plus (Articulate)
- Demonstrated ability to take multiple projects from concept to completion in a fast paced, dynamic environment and respond to changing schedules and priorities
- Must possess an innate curiosity and a roll- up-your-sleeves, can-do, entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to both think strategically and implement on a tactical level
How to apply:
Please submit cover letter and resume via the form below.
In your cover letter include links to your portfolio or samples.
We look forward to hearing from you!