Location: Broomfield, CO
Kodo is seeking a Professional Development and Curriculum Specialist to join the Professional Development team in our Broomfield, CO location. As a Kodo Professional Development and Curriculum Specialist, you will be responsible for designing and delivering face-to-face training and online educational programs for early childhood professionals. You will work collaboratively in a dynamic, growing department alongside the Director of Professional Development, Professional Development Coordinator, and Regional Certified Kodo Trainers. The candidate will be responsible for curriculum development, designing engaging learning activities, as well as maintaining the quality control, management, and distribution of all training materials to Kodo Trainers. The candidate will also be responsible for the support of training clients, identifying and integrating industry trends into content, and delivering trainings to individual early learning programs, at conferences and events nationwide and internationally. A strong content background in STEM, (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) in early learning is desirable. This position requires practical early childhood experience, adult education expertise, curriculum development experience, critical thinking, leadership, interpersonal and communication skills. This position requires frequent travel – up to several times a month.
- Excellent Interpersonal and Communication Skills: public speaking and writing skills; ability to ‘read a room’ and be responsive to participant’s emergent needs during trainings, comfortable working with prospective clients by phone or at an exhibit booth at events for both product and training sales; work collaboratively with fast paced innovative team
- Organizational Skills – with both global awareness and detail attention: Create an online system to manage, streamline and organize all training materials; keep training materials up to date and current in both content and consistent design layout; collaborate with inter-departmental teams to implement and use online Training Management System.
- Broad Knowledge of Diverse Early Childhood Curricula, Program Approaches and Assessments: STEM, (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math), Reggio based learning, Project Approach, Creative Curriculum, High Scope, Montessori, Early Learning Guidelines, Early Childhood Classroom Assessment Rating System, DRDP, CLASS etc.
- Fundamentals of Adult Learning Principles and Effective Delivery for Adult Learners: experience designing and delivering engaging professional development workshops, seminars, and courses; helpful if some experience delivering online trainings, webinars, and/or hybrid programs; familiarity and experience facilitating PLCs (Professional Learning Community) and experience with Train The Trainer models would be helpful; attention to creating and delivering adult education in a parallel process, modeling strategies desired for early childhood educators to model and practice with children and families.
- Master’s degree in early childhood or education
- Minimum of 5 years of experience delivering effective adult education professional development in the early childhood field for diverse audiences and different types of programs (Head Start, Public Schools, For-Profit and Nonprofit Programs, Family Providers, etc)
- Experience developing engaging professional development curriculum for diverse learners, with ability to provide samples of designed curriculum
- Minimum of 5 years practical experience working in early care programs, ideally with classroom teaching experience.
- Intermediate knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite, especially with PowerPoint
- Familiarity with Google Docs and LMS (Learning Management Systems) helpful
- This position includes travel, up to several times a month
- Innovative, out of the box thinker, with the ability to translate complex theory to practical everyday strategies for early childhood professionals
Salary Range $50 -55k, depending on qualifications and experience